Monday, February 4, 2013

Wiki Site

As part of my course on Assisted Learning, I am learning about Universal Design for Learning, or UDL. I visited a Wiki site about UDL to better my understanding about this concept, and I related most to the section of the wiki titled, "Multiple Means of Representation." This is something I do in my classroom on a daily basis because I have a very diverse group of students in my second grade classroom. One of my students has generalized anxiety disorder, as well as ADHD. Because of the layout of the Time For Kids magazines that we read, the information can quickly become overwhelming and intimidating for this student. I give her index cards and pieces of paper that she can use to "chunk up" the page; she covers up the parts that she is not currently reading, and this helps her focus on the reading and absorb the material better. The index cards/paper are a very easy tool for the student to use, but it helps her a great deal. I'd like to continue to learn ways to incorporate Multiple Means of Representation into my classroom to help my students achieve success.

Multiple means of representation. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://learning.cabrini.edu  /webapps/portal/frameset.jsp?tab_tab_group_id=_2_1&url=/webapps/blackboard/execute/launcher?type=Course&id=_4501_1&url= 

No comments:

Post a Comment